Haven't written much lately. Got tired of all my whining. Never intended to go off daily on political issues that irritated me. No -- I just wanted to write more -- and I have been; in fact, I've been writing more of the stuff I've actually wanted -- not just this blog. It worked. Daily ranting got me back in front of the keyboard.
But I've been neglecting you guys. And today I'm incensed enough to post this piece about SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act). It's one of those "Hitler Reacts..." videos, which crop up for every seemingly controversial subject in the last year or so.
I can't make my argument any better than the subtitles which they've added to the film. It's quite well stated through the lunacy. So sit back, relax and enjoy it while you can. It may not be there long. Once SOPA passes, forget about fair use or satire. Remember, corporations are people. People who will now be able to control what other actual people see and hear and think.
And monetize it.
"You need a thousand people pissed off just to balance out one dollar that a politician raises." Hopefully SOPA's supporters will continue to slink off in shame. End corporate personhood, ja!
ReplyDelete